TABLE OF CONTENTS
Associating a Canvas rubric with your Harmonize assignment is easy! Rubrics can be added via the Edit Topic page and displayed when student work is available for review in SpeedGrader.
Note: Associating rubrics requires use of the Canvas API and requires an additional Developer Key to be installed with additional permissions. See Configuring Canvas API in Harmonize for more information.
- As an instructor, navigate to an existing discussion or create a new discussion.
- Click the Edit button located in the Instructions section of the Harmonize window.
- On the Edit Topic page, click the Authorize Canvas Extensions button.
- In the new browser tab or window that appears, click the Authorize button.
- Once authorized, all rubrics created in the course will sync and be selectable in Harmonize.
Adding a Rubric to a Harmonize Assignment
- First, visit the Rubrics section of your Canvas course. Add new or edit existing rubrics as desired.
- Create a new Harmonize Discussion or launch a previously created Harmonize Discussion and click Edit. This will open the Edit Topic view.
- Select the desired rubric from the drop down menu and click Set Rubric.
- The chosen rubric is now associated with your Harmonize assignment.
- Click the Save & Close button located near the bottom right of the Edit Topic window to return to the main Harmonize discussion page.
Displaying a Rubric During Grading
- When a student has work available to review, click the SpeedGrader button.
- In the SpeedGrader window, click the View Rubric button.
- The rubric will display along with grading fields for each criterion.
- After grading the student's work, click Save.
Questions? Contact Harmonize Support!