Instructors using Blackboard, Moodle, & D2L can submit grade comments along with their student grades using the Harmonize Grades & Activity feature.
Once students have participated in your discussion, click the "Grades & Activity" button in the top right of the Harmonize Discussion window.
This will open the Harmonize Discussion Activity Report where the instructor can view the activity, content, and data for each individual student in that Harmonize Discussion.
Adding Instructor Comments
- Choose a student from the "Showing Activity for" drop down menu located near the top left of the Grades & Activity window.
- Enter the student's grade in the Grade field.
(Note: the option to submit a grade comment without also submitting a grade is available to Moodle users only.)
- Click the "+Add instructor comment" link located to the right of the Grade field. This will open the Add/Edit Instructor Comment window.
- Enter instructor comments. When you are finished, click Update Comment.
- If needed, you may edit your comments by clicking "View/edit instructor comment" located to the right of the Grade field. When you are finished, click Submit & Next.
- The grade and comments you enter will automatically populate in the corresponding assignment column of your LMS Gradebook.
A quick note for Canvas users:
The ability to leave Assignment Comments is built into SpeedGrader! Please see "How do I leave feedback comments for student submissions in SpeedGrader?" on Instructure Community.
Questions? Contact Harmonize Support!