TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Instructor Setup
- Setting Group Visibility in a Harmonize Discussion
- Filtering Posts by Group Set
Group Data Syncing in Canvas enables group set names, group names, and group memberships to be selected in the Visibility Settings of your Harmonize discussion.
After the data sync key has been configured, instructors will have the ability to enable group syncing in their courses. The following steps are only necessary once per unique course.
- As an instructor, navigate to an existing discussion or create a new discussion.
- Click the Edit button located in the Instructions section of the Harmonize window.
- On the Edit Topic page, click the Authorize Canvas Extensions button.
- In the new browser tab or window that appears, click the Authorize button.
- Once authorized, all group sets and groups created in the course will sync to Harmonize.
Setting Group Visibility in a Harmonize Discussion
Once Group Data Syncing has been authorized, group filtering options will appear in both the Post Settings as well as the main Harmonize discussion view.
- Create a new Harmonize Discussion or launch a previously created Harmonize Discussion and click Edit. This will open the Edit Topic view.
- In the Edit Topic view, click the Post Settings tab.
- In the Visibility Settings section, click Students in Same Group.
- The Group Set drop down menu will appear, along with a Refresh button.
- Note: If a new Canvas Group Set has been created since the initial sync, click the Refresh button.
- Select the appropriate Group Set from the Group Set drop down menu. The chosen Group Set will apply to this Harmonize Discussion only.
- Click Save & Close. Students will only see posts from instructors and students in their Group Set.
Filtering Posts by Group Set
After setting group visibility in your Harmonize Discussion, a new Groups menu will appear on the main Harmonize discussion view. To filter student posts by group, select the appropriate Group Set from the drop down menu.
Questions? Contact Harmonize Support!