TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Generate a New API Scope via Turnitin Similarity
- Setting Up Your Turnitin Integration in Harmonize
Administrators can integrate Turnitin Similarity with Harmonize using API keys provided by Turnitin. This tool will help instructors detect plagiarism in student posts.
Generate a New API Scope via Turnitin Similarity
PLEASE NOTE: In order to integrate Turnitin with Harmonize your institution will need to generate a Custom API scope via the Turnitin Similarity tenant. If you do not have access to Turnitin Similarity, please contact your Turnitin representative or Turnitin Support for assistance.
- Log in to the Administrator area of your Turnitin account.
- Click Integrations. In this area, you'll find all of the current integrations active on the account.
- Set up a new integration by clicking the Generate API Scope button.
- Name your integration ("Harmonize Turnitin Integration" or something similar), then click Next.
- Name your API Key ("Harmonize Turnitin Administration" or something similar), then click Create and View.
- Another window will appear confirming the creation of your API Key.
- NOTE: Your API key will be shown in the form of a "Secret" This string of characters is unique to your institution and you will need this "Secret" to finish setting up your integration in Harmonize. This "Secret" will only be shown once so please copy this information and store it in a safe location!
- After copying and storing your "Secret" in a safe location, click Done.
- Your new integration will now be listed on your Turnitin API Integrations and you can move on to Setting Up Your Turnitin Integration in Harmonize.
Setting Up Your Turnitin Integration in Harmonize
Access the Harmonize License Administration Page
- As an Administrator, launch any Harmonize content (discussion, poll, Communication Center, etc.)
- Click the Additional Options icon located in the top right corner
- Select License Administration from the drop down menu
- Scroll down to the Turnitin Administration section of the Harmonize License Administration page.
- Enter your API URL.
- This is usually "https://[institution name].turnitin.com", but yours might be different! If you are unsure of this information, please check your Turnitin account or contact Turnitin Support for assistance.
- Enter your API Key.
- This is the "Secret" that was shown during the Generate a New API Scope via Turnitin Similarity step.
- Click Add.
- Your Harmonize Turnitin integration is now complete! Visit Turnitin Faculty and Student View to learn more about this feature.
- If you received an error during setup, please double-check your information for accuracy and try again. If the error persists, click here to submit a new support ticket or email email@example.com.
- To remove or update your integration, click Delete.
Questions? Contact Harmonize Support!
Click here to submit a new support ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org.