TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Notification Activity Stream
- Email Notifications
Harmonize notifies you when there is new activity in a discussion, allowing students and instructors to keep up to date on discussion activity. These notifications are consolidated into an Activity Stream located under the Bell Icon in the Harmonize navigation menu. Notifications are global across all courses enrolled and you can access the notification settings from any Harmonize Topic or Assignment.
NOTE: Due to LTI limitations, Harmonize notifications only appear in Harmonize interfaces and are separate from your LMS notifications.
Notification Activity Stream
- All your Harmonize Notifications will appear in the Activity Stream located under the Bell icon in the Harmonize navigation menu
- The number of Notifications that have not been viewed will appear as a badge counter on the top right of the bell icon
- The "New" icon indicates unread Notifications
- Clicking on a notification will take you to the referenced post or comment
Harmonize will also send email notifications to the address listed in your Harmonize Profile. Email notifications are sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org" and have the subject line "Recent Harmonize Activity".
NOTE: Please do not reply to notification emails. Students, please contact your instructor if you have any questions. Instructors, please email your questions to email@example.com.
Accessing Your Settings
Email notifications settings can be accessed via your Harmonize Profile. These settings will apply to all Harmonize assignments and discussions.
- Click the Gear icon to visit the Notification Settings section of your Harmonize Profile.
Your Email Address
Email notifications are sent to the address listed in your Profile. The default email address listed here is pulled from your LMS profile. To update this address:
- Click the drop down menu and choose "Email Specific Below".
- Enter your preferred email address.
- Click Save.
Notifications are sent when any of the following actions occur in Harmonize. Email frequency can be set to Immediately, Daily, Weekly, or None. Please note that notification frequency is set to "Immediately" by default. These settings can be changed at any time by individual users.
Here is a list of email Notifications Harmonize sends:
- New teacher posts
- Updates to topic/assignment description
- An item is marked as a teacher question
- Teacher responds to your content
- Student responds to your content
- Video processing errors
- Posts you are tagged in
- Comments you are tagged in
- Comments on images or videos
Milestones (Students Only)
- Milestone Due in 1 Day: Students are automatically sent this email notification 24 hours prior to a Milestone deadline:
- Milestone Past Due: Students are automatically sent this email notification shortly after a Milestone deadline is missed:
- New Chat Messages
Questions? Contact Harmonize Support!
Click here to submit a new support ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org.