New to Harmonize? This Quick Start Guide will get you up and running in no time.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is Harmonize?
Harmonize is a suite of online collaboration and discussion tools that helps maximize student engagement in online courses. Harmonize is an interactive, inclusive space where you can post your work and discuss topics with teachers and other students in your online classroom using rich content and media. Record audio and video from any device to create personal and engaging discussions.
- This is the title your instructor has given your Harmonize discussion.
- This menu makes it easy for you to navigate through all of the Harmonize components. Click the following links to learn more.
|Clicking the Chat icon will open Harmonize Chat in a new tab.|
Grid Icon / Component Drawer
Clicking the Grid icon will open the Harmonize Component Drawer. Available menu options include:
Technical Support Information*
|Click the Notification icon to access your Harmonize Notifications.|
Harmonize To Do Drawer
Clicking the calendar/To Do icon will open the Harmonize To Do drawer. Click any event in the drawer to be taken to the referenced discussion. Read more about To Dos here:
|Clicking the Profile icon will open the Harmonize Profile menu. Click your name to visit Profile Settings. Use the drop down menu to set your Harmonize Chat status.|
Clicking the Additional Options icon will open a menu with the following options:
Open in new tab
*If enabled by your institution
Section 2: Your Requirements and Activity
Your Requirements (Milestones)
- Milestones are multiple participation requirements within a single discussion, encouraging students to engage in the discussion multiple times rather than all at once before the due date.
Your Activity Counter
- Your Activity Counter reflects the number of Posts and Comments in the current Harmonize Discussion.
Section 3: Instructions, Watch Topic, Your Activity, Full Screen
- These are your topic instructions. Click the Instructions button (highlighted above) to collapse or expand these instructions.
Watch Topic, Activity, Edit, Full Screen
|Toggle this option "On" to receive activity notifications for this Harmonize discussion.|
|Click this button to view all your activity in the current Harmonize Discussion.|
|Click this button to open your Harmonize discussion in full screen mode.|
Section 4: Creating a Post
Creating a Post
- Click this area to create a post in the current Harmonize discussion.
Section 5: Display Options & Discussion Posts
- Grid View or List View: Click these icons to toggle your Harmonize student posts between Grid View and List View.
Sort & Search Options
- Sort: Click the drop down menu to sort the posts in your Harmonize discussion. Sorting options include My Posts & Comments, Oldest, Most Recent, New / Unread, Flagged, Instructor, and Name.
- Search: Enter your search parameters in the Search Posts & Comments field. Click the magnifying glass icon to begin your search.
Both instructor and student posts will appear in this area.
- To see a more detailed view of these posts, click on the picture above the post's time stamp.
- Clicking the post's picture will expand the discussion post, allowing you to view the full post as well as any comments and replies.
From this view you may:
- Click All Posts to return to the top-level view of the discussion
- Click Previous Post or Next Post to easily navigate between all available discussion posts
- Click React to leave an emoji-based reaction on the discussion post
- Click Reply to reply to a comment left by your classmate
- Click the Add Comment field to start a new comment on the discussion post
- Click Back to Top to navigate to the top of the page
Questions? Contact Harmonize Support!
Click here to submit a new support ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org.